Monday, June 12, 2017

Finding My Renaissance Mojo

I'm listening to Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel, which is a beautiful song that I love, though it's not my usual fair :). Maybe I relate to the song, because it brings out feelings of longings, or maybe it's because the only reason I care for the music is my desire to actually go to a Scarborough Fair Renaissance Festival. I could make a giant cone hat with a wisp of cloth protruding from it's tip, though I would find it difficult to enter doorways or stand in a room with a low ceiling.
I love the middle ages (though I would not want to live there). Just to feel the ambiance of that time, even in a fictitious distortion of history, would produce an elation that memories are made of.



The female Beavis and Butt-head of the 15th century.



I am now listening to a song from the same year called Season of the Witch by Donovan, and I envision  if Donovan somehow came through time and sang this today, that there might be a minuscule chance in at least one of the million universes out there, this could be a hit today. Though, the twangy 60's guitar would need to hit the road, and in the words of  Christopher Walken, "more cow bell" added.




Well, that's my thoughts for today. I haven't checked for spelling or grammatical accuracy, because this will just end up being one of my throwaway blogs, I don't want it to be a throwaway blog, but that just seems to happen to me. I'm great at starting things and crappy at ending them.

No comments:

Post a Comment